Everybody, myself included is really excited to see what will happen in the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney Plus.
However, there’s been a spot of bother with the TV show and it’s been revealed recently that shooting on the TV show has been delayed.
It was rumoured that Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy weren’t 100 per cent happy with the script and wanted to work things out before moving ahead with production.
The Kenobi series’ star, Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan in the Star Wars prequels movies, then revealed that the show’s release date hasn’t been pushed back.
Anyway, it’s now being reported via a Reddit user that the upcoming Kenobi series will feature a character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe whom many Star Wars fans will be excited to hear will be recanonised.
The character in question will be Sharad Hett who was a Jedi Knight and then went into hiding after Order 66 and ended up becoming the warlord of a tribe of Tusken Raiders on Tatooine.
The fact that he will be brought back into canon will please an awful lot of Star Wars fans.
Sounds like the Kenobi series is going to bring back a Star Wars Expanded Universe character
Here’s what the Reddit user wrote would happen in this upcoming Kenobi series which is scheduled to hit Disney Plus in 2021.
“A source close to the writing process for the series (or what it was going to be before the recent changes) has disclosed some information to me regarding some interesting plot points.
- Sharad Hett would be recanonized with some changes to his character.
- Hett would go into hiding as a Tusken Raider after Order 66.
- The main conflict would come with Hett sensing Luke and figuring out who he is. He would seek to kill Luke out of fear that his presence would lure Vader and Palpatine to Tatooine.
- We find out that Kenobi has been carrying both his and Anakin’s saber.
- As many have reported, internal conflict would revolve around Obi-Wan’s PTSD and depression.
- Climax of final episode involves Kenobi defeating Hett with both his and Anakin’s lightsabers.
- Final scenes are Obi-Wan putting Anakin’s saber in the box, not to be reopened until A New Hope, and Obi-Wan watching Luke from a distance.”
Sounds like this Kenobi series is going to be pretty darn good if this leaked plotline is to be believed.
What do you make of this? Are you looking forward to watching the Kenobi series on Disney Plus?
Let us know in the comments below.
And if you enjoy listening to film podcasts, why not check out Small Screen Radio wherever you get your podcasts!