Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker is literally only days away from release, and we’re now getting a whole load of new posters for the movie.
Some of these posters are limited-edition IMAX Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker posters which will be made available to purchase in January.
However, these posters are being revealed one by one, and Lucasfilm’s PR team has just released the second IMAX limited edition The Rise of Skywalker poster, and it’s got fans rather confused.
Star Wars fans took to Twitter to voice their confusion over this new poster because in it it seems as though Luke Skywalker is actually Ewan McGreggor’s version of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
I must say that they have a point. Luke’s beard in this poster does look rather Kenobi-ish, however, I can attest that it is indeed Luke in the poster and not Obi-Wan.
People are confused by Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s new IMAX poster
• What a great image I’m getting more hype for this movie by the day we are deep into star wars season!!!
• I really dislike that poster. Looks odd with all the faces stacked on top of each other.
• i didn’t see Luke at first. They hid him very well.
• Omg can you make Kylo even more emo?! What’s with the hair strands? Didn’t even see Luke growing out of his chin, wasn’t expecting him at all to be in poster.
• I like it its kind of like kylo ren is fragments of lukes failures
• It kinda looks like Obi-Wan. But yeah. It makes sense that it’s Luke and Leía.
• I have no words that can truly describe how awful this poster is, holy shit.
• i feel like there is significance in not just having Rey and Kylo, but Leia in this poster. Perhaps his mom will be what brings him to the light.
• Pretty sure it’s Luke. But it looks a lot like Obi wan
• That’s a really bad poster. Can’t wait for the film though, tickets already booked go IMAX ????
• FINALLY!! Leia gets some recognition after being snubbed on the main movie poster, as well as the character posters.
• IS THAT BEN’S HAIR
• Why is Kylo on lukes head?
• Anakin should be on this poster
• Not a fan of the hair hanging over but besides that a beautiful poster
• Eh, not a big fan of this poster. It’s too confusing and takes a lot of looking just to figure it out.
• Is it me or does that look like obiwan?
That is a lot of confused people, but it still has to be said that this The Rise of Skywalker IMAX poster by Dan Mumford is rather beautiful and you can purchase it for yourself.
Each Sunday, from 22 December to 12 January between 10am-1pm, guests who purchase a ticket to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in selected IMAX cinemas across the UK and Ireland will receive an exclusive limited-edition print from artist Dan Mumford on a first-come-first-served basis.
What do you make of this new Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker IMAX poster? Let us know in the comments below.
And if you enjoy listening to film podcasts, why not check out Small Screen Radio wherever you get your podcasts!