Here Are Our 10 Favourite Comic Book Movie Villains Of All Time
Genuinely good comic book movie villains are pretty hard to find these days but we’ve managed to compile our 10 favourite ones into this list below.
A comic book movie can only really be as good its villain. Over the years we’ve seen a vast array of comic book movie villains, some good, some bad and some have been downright specular. In this article, we will be ranking some of the very best comic book movie villains of all time. The scariest, the most depraved, the ones with the best plans, the best performances… These villains are the best of the best and you most certainly wouldn’t want to be in their crosshairs.
2017 has been a sensational year for comic book movies. We’ve seen films like Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Wonder Woman and so on (the less said about Justice League the better). However, one thing’s been lacking from these movies; a genuinely memorable villain. The one that stands out is Michael Keaton’s Vulture and even so, he didn’t make it onto our list. People also sometimes refer to something called the Marvel villain movie curse which is a reference to the fact that most MCU movies tend to feature unremarkable villains. Only one of them (and we won’t say who just yet) made it onto our list.
But that’s enough from us. It’s time to see who made it onto our list of our 10 favourite comic book movie villains of all time.
10. Tom Hardy’s Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)
9. Cillian Murphy’s Scarecrow (Batman Begins)
8. Danny DeVito’s Penguin (Batman Returns)
7. Samuel L. Jackson’s Elijah Price (Unbreakable)
6. Alfred Molina’s Dr. Otto Octavius (Spider-Man 2)
5. Ian McKellen’s Magneto (X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past)
4. Jack Nicholson’s Joker (Batman)
3. Tom Hiddleston’s Loki (Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok)
2. Terence Stamp’s General Zod (Superman II)
1. Heath Ledger’s Joker (The Dark Knight)
Et voilà. Our 10 favourite comic book movie villains of all time. Hopefully this list may have a few additions in the years to come. Who knows, maybe Josh Brolin’s Thanos might make it in one day. Wouldn’t that be something?
We’d love to know which ones are yours in the comments below.
You may also like:
Here’s Why Disney Or Anyone Else Buying Fox Is A Bad Idea
Kevin Feige Would Love To Bring The Grandmaster And The Collector Together In The MCU Someday
The New Mutants’ New Poster Harkens Back To Classic Horror Movies
Avengers: Infinity War’s Very First Trailer Is Finally Here