Summer is far from over for the fans of The Summer I Turned Pretty, as the beloved Prime Video series is officially headed for a third season. Based on the books of the same name by Jenny Han, the author of To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, the series has garnered a dedicated following.
Here’s everything we know so far about the upcoming season of the hit Prime Video series.
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3 Release Date
The actors’ and writers’ strikes
The third season of The Summer I Turned Pretty was greenlit ahead of the ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. However, the strikes have put a halt to work on the series, including scriptwriting and filming. Jenny Han revealed on her Instagram that it’s been hard not being able to work on the show because of the ongoing strikes, but the team can’t wait to get going on Season 3 as soon as they’re able.
Another summer release date?
The show has historically released episodes during the summer, in keeping with its name. Season 1 began rolling out in June 2022, and Season 2 in July 2023. It stands to reason that summer 2024 would have served as Season 3’s launching pad. However, the strikes will prevent the cast and crew from following the same production schedule they used for Season 2, which began filming in July 2022 and wrapped by November of the same year. Therefore, a best guess for when Season 3 might actually land is summer 2025, but that’s pure conjecture at this point.
What’s the plot going to be?
Adapting the books
There are three books in the series The Summer I Turned Pretty is based upon, and thus far Seasons 1 and 2 have adhered closely to the content of the books. Season 3 will likely lift its plot from the third and last book in the series, We’ll Always Have Summer, which is set two years after the events of It’s Not Summer Without You. So it wouldn’t be a surprise to discover a time jump between the Season 2 finale and the Season 3 premiere.
As for the plot, we’ll avoid spoilers, but expect protagonist Belly (Lola Tung) to confront her true feelings for the Fisher brothers (Christopher Briney and Gavin Casalegno). A final verdict is incoming!
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3 Casting News
The cast of The Summer I Turned Pretty has become an integral part of the show’s charm, and fans have grown attached to the characters and the actors who portray them. As we gear up for Season 3, let’s take a closer look at the returning cast members and what we can expect from their characters.
Lola Tung as Belly: The protagonist of the series, Belly’s journey of self-discovery and love has been at the heart of the show. As she confronts her true feelings for the Fisher brothers in the upcoming season, fans can expect to see a more mature and decisive Belly.
Rain Spencer as Taylor: Belly’s best friend, Taylor, has been a constant presence in her life. Their friendship has weathered ups and downs, and we can expect to see more of their dynamic as they navigate the challenges of young adulthood.
Sean Kaufman as Steven: Belly’s older brother, Steven, has always been protective of her. In Season 3, we may see him take on a more supportive role as Belly faces crucial decisions about her future.
Jackie Chung as Laurel: Belly’s mother, Laurel, has been a source of wisdom and guidance for her. As Belly grapples with her feelings for the Fisher brothers, Laurel’s insights and advice may play a crucial role.
Gavin Casalegno as Jeremiah: One of the Fisher brothers, Jeremiah, has had a complicated relationship with Belly. In Season 3, we can expect to see more of his perspective as he navigates his feelings for Belly and the impact on his relationship with his brother.
Christopher Briney as Conrad: The other Fisher brother, Conrad, has been a central figure in Belly’s life. His actions and decisions in the upcoming season will likely have significant repercussions for all the characters involved.
The chemistry between the cast members has been a highlight of the series, and fans can look forward to more heartfelt moments and interactions in Season 3. As the story progresses, the relationships between the characters will continue to evolve, adding depth and complexity to the narrative.
Theories & Predictions
As we approach Season 3 of The Summer I Turned Pretty, fans are buzzing with theories and predictions about what’s in store for Belly and the Fisher brothers. While the plot is expected to be based on the third book in the series, the show has deviated from the source material in the past, leaving room for surprises. Here are some of the most popular theories and predictions for the upcoming season:
1. Belly’s Choice: One of the central questions of the series has been Belly’s romantic choice between the Fisher brothers, Conrad and Jeremiah. Fans are divided on who she should end up with, and Season 3 is expected to provide a definitive answer. Some fans believe that Belly will choose Conrad, as their connection has been evident since the beginning of the series. Others think that Jeremiah, who has been a constant presence in Belly’s life, is the right choice for her.
2. Time Jump: As the plot of Season 3 is expected to be based on the third book in the series, which is set two years after the events of the second book, fans are predicting a time jump in the series. This would allow the show to explore the characters’ growth and the changes in their relationships over time.
3. Taylor’s Role: Belly’s best friend, Taylor, has been a significant part of her life. Fans are speculating that Taylor may play a crucial role in helping Belly navigate her feelings for the Fisher brothers and make a decision about her future.
4. Steven and Laurel’s Support: Belly’s brother, Steven, and mother, Laurel, have been protective and supportive of her throughout the series. Fans predict that they will continue to be a source of guidance and support for Belly as she faces crucial decisions in Season 3.
5. The Fisher Brothers’ Perspectives: While the series has primarily focused on Belly’s perspective, fans are hoping to see more of the Fisher brothers’ viewpoints in Season 3. This would provide insight into their feelings for Belly and the impact of her decisions on their relationships.
6. A Satisfying Conclusion: As Season 3 is expected to be based on the final book in the series, fans are hoping for a satisfying conclusion to the story. Whether it’s a happy ending or a bittersweet one, fans are looking forward to a resolution that does justice to the characters and their journey.
As we await the release of The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3, fans can only speculate about the direction the story will take. Regardless of the outcome, the upcoming season promises to be an emotional and memorable journey for Belly and the Fisher brothers.
Final Thoughts on The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3
The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3 is eagerly anticipated by fans of the series. While the ongoing strikes have delayed production, the team is excited to get back to work as soon as possible. With a potential time jump, returning cast members, and a plot based on the final book in the series, Season 3 promises to be an exciting continuation of the story. In the meantime, fans can revisit the first two seasons or read the books while waiting for the new season to premiere.
What do you make of this news? Are you looking forward to watching The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3 when it’s finally released on Prime Video? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
And if you’re looking for a VPN that’ll allow you to watch everything that’s available to stream on each platform, no matter where you are in the world, then PureVPN is the one for you! If you click the link, then you’ll be able to get 81% off PureVPN plus three months free!
What do you make of this story? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages! And if you enjoy listening to film podcasts, why not check out our podcast, The Small Screen Podcast, wherever you get your podcasts!